Tuesday, August 17, 2004


How did a CANADIAN get into my class !?

I met my new students Monday and I am very pleased. I have students from the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, San Salvador, California, Nebraska and one Canadian. Our lone Canadian is the daughter of refugees who fled Nicaragua during the Cuban aided communist warfare of the 1980's. She was born in Costa Rica and when she was 3 months old her parents immigrated to Canada.

It is odd to think that I have a student in my class because of what Fidel Castro decided to do during the Reagan administration. I can see that there is a grand design in the universe more powerful than Fidel. I am glad that the Lord has brought His own plans into action by leading so many quality young people to prepare themselves for the work of missions and church planting at Puerto Rico Baptist College.

(The student in the photo is Rosalin, a girl from the Dominican Republic. She immigrated with her parents to South Carolina. Even though Rosalin was working as a successful salesperson at a computer store there, she decided to come to our Bible College here in Puerto Rico and prepare herself to become a Christian School teacher. This photo is from our summer camp where she was a great help caring for the younger campers.)
 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, thanks for the updates. I enjoy reading them. If you're ever back home--let us know. Wendy