Sunday, August 01, 2004

Outbreak Worsens. Preaching to Encourage


Meningitis outbreak worsens. I was worried today when the teenager who takes our offering was sick. His entire family of six went to the hospital. It appears to be an appendicitis type of ailment. Everybody is on edge because of the meningitis outbreak. There are 118 cases to date with 500 expected. I think three have died so far. One was an 11 year old boy. School was scheduled for Aug. 4th, but now may be delayed until the disease outbreak is under control.

I preached a sermon on Psalms 91 about security, danger and courage. I was encouraged by a line I read from the new Jeanette Windle book "Firestorm", "Safety is not the absence of danger, but the presence of God." Thanks, Jeanette, we needed that today. And thank you, God, for Psalms 91! Posted by Hello

No comments: