Thursday, August 26, 2004

Two Hurricanes Miss but More on the Way


Sometimes we feel like the front pin in a bowling ally. We see the hurricanes come full blast at us and often veer off and miss us at the last moment. Even when we are missed it creates a good deal of stress. We need to prepare for the near misses just as well as for the direct hits. Your prayers for our safety are important! Hurricane season peaks in mid-September, but lasts until November.

I have gone to the trouble of getting a FCC Amateur Radio License so I can call for help during disasters, but lack a radio (My FCC designations is: Technition Plus, KA7URH). They are rather expensive ($400-2000) and since we have other priorities, we have not been shopping for one. My hope is that we could borrow or be offered a used radio by some Christian ham radio operator. If you know of anyone that could help us, please pass on our request. They can even come and help me set it up!Posted by Hello

No comments: