Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I Kill Something Scary!


Sarah went down to feed the cat after Prayer Meeting tonight and came back up the stairs again very quickly. "I just saw the biggest spider I ever saw in my life!" she said. Tina and I went downstairs and saw some huge spider legs and then we saw the tarantula. Tina said, "If you don't kill that spider, I'm never going to leave this house!" I soon found myself alone with just the spider. I thought to step on it, but I object to stepping on animals that are so big that you can identify their separate internal organs afterwards. I had a can of wasp spray and used that to slow it down and then threw a rag over it and whacked it with a broom. All this had the desired effect and I was rewarded with shouts of joy from my family who where keenly interested in the outcome. I suppose none of this may mean much in the grand scheme of things, but it certainly was a big event at our home this evening out here on the mission field of Puerto Rico! Posted by Hello

No comments: