Saturday, December 04, 2004

My Surprise Party!



I turned 50 yesterday. Tina invited a new missionary family to our home and we had dinner and played some board games. Our guests, Mark and Stephanie Sage, asked to see our church, so we all drove down to give them the tour. When I got in, the lights went on and everyone shouted, " Surprise!" Two other missionary families and my church members decorated the church and brought food and games. We played "Pin the Tail on the Donkey," Musical Chairs and had a Pinata filled with candy. The kids whacked it with a stick until it broke and spilled out its contents for all of them to scramble after.

Tina made a "Mud and Dirt Cake" (Chocolate with chocolate pudding) topped with candy worms. It was to go with a "Little Boy of 5" birthday theme (50 minus the zero) in order for me to feel young again. I said she made me a graveyard cake, but she insists it is a little boy playground cake! Thanks to Tina, my fellow missionaries and the people of our church, I had a very nice birthday.
Posted by Hello

No comments: