Friday, March 04, 2005

Lost Sheep Pays a Visit


I baptized a young college age woman named Zuley about two years ago but she stopped attending church soon after her baptism. She has been dating a non-Christian young man named Carlos. Carlos has a lot of respect for our church and has visited us a good number of times. Well, Carlos and Zuley want to get married and came to church Wednesday night to talk to me about it. I told them that I was happy about them in general and that I would counsel them and perform the wedding, on the condition that they were both of the same faith. I said that I could marry sheep to sheep and goats to goats but not a goat to a sheep. They both responded well to our initial pre-marital counseling session and understood about building their new family upon a firm foundation of faith. Please pray that Carlos will be moved to receive Christ as his Lord and Savior and that he and Zuley will become members of a good church, hopefully ours! Posted by Hello

No comments: