Friday, April 01, 2005

Walking for Jesus


I walk to town and our church often for a couple of reasons: to save gas, lose weight and to leave the car with Tina and the girls in case of an emergency. But the MAIN reason is to meet and get to know the people of our town, so we may make new friends and minister to them. On the way back from the post office yesterday, a man stopped and offered me a ride home. He is a man who lives on my street and has seen me walk by his home often on my way to church. He was curious to meet me and I wanted to meet him, so I got in the car and during the ride home we had a bit of conversation. When we got to my house, he invited Tina and I to meet his wife and stay for dinner! His name is Raul Serrano, a Puerto Rican who served in Vietnam in the Airforce. He would like our prayers. I am looking forward to seeing what the Lord may do in his life. In the mean time, I will keep on walking for Jesus! Posted by Hello

No comments: