Friday, May 20, 2005

I Hates Um!


A frantic call for help comes from wife or daughter. I run to the scene ready for daring deeds. I keep an eye on the offending insect while someone runs to get me a broom. A can of bug spray is brought in as a back up, in case the intruder runs and hides (I would just step on them, but I object to stepping on creatures so big that you can identify their internal organs afterwards).
I assume the stance of a matador, with broom held high. I face the foe and move forward, daring him to make his move. Finally, he makes a mad dash, often directly towards my bare feet. The broom I hold suspended in mid-air until he runs just underneath, and then, with a matador like plunge, I thrust my weapon directly down upon the charging creature. I call out my victory and am rewarded with shouts of jubilation. No one comes to admire my handiwork, but peace and tranquility once more return to our happy home. Posted by Hello

No comments: