Thursday, June 02, 2005

Prayer Works!


Our prayers ascend to heaven's throne
Regardless of the form we use;
Our Father always hears His own
Regardless of the words we choose. -D. De Haan



We saw some prayers answered Thursday, one for our Puerto Rico Bible College and the other for our church.

A computer service gentleman from Pennsylvania sent us a gift of RAM chips so we could double the memory and speed up the computers available to the students for their college pojects. With 55 students enrolled, speeding up eight computers will make a big difference! Maybe they will get their homework in on time!

The chips came in the mail, but not the computer guy! I had to install them. I took our summer intern, Leann, to the college to help me. I showed her how to install the Ram on the first one and she did all the rest. Thanks Pennsylvania and thank you Leann! Leann is also helping us in the college library, and with a childrens camp this summer.

Wednesday afternoon, my deacon called and asked:

"Pastor, could I teach prayer meeting tonight? I just invited two of the young men we led to the Lord to prayer meeting and want to give them a discipleship lesson in church."

I said, "Amen!"

We led Victor and Fernando, both in their mid-twenties, to the Lord and we were discipling them in their homes. We invited them to prayer meeting before, but did not tie it in with the idea of a new believers discipleship class until last night. Well, they came! It was a precious sight having them in church for a mid-week service. We scheduled a Youth/College and Career outing for Friday night and they are going on that also. I must say, I feel encouraged about their progress.

Prayer works! Posted by Hello

No comments: