Friday, June 17, 2005

Too Hot for Thought!


Today I am writing my Children's Camp sermons, but it is so hot and humid today that it is hard to keep focused. I guess I shouldn't try to write six sermons in one day! But today really was the best day for me to do them because it is one of the few days I can work all day at home.

We avoid air-conditioning because electricity is very expensive in Puerto Rico. Just one airconditioner set at a reasonable setting can use $200 worth of electricity every month. To stretch our missionary dollars, we have decided to limit ourselves to just using fans. Most of the time it is OK, but on days like today they just blow hot air and don't cool you off anymore! Remember in the Bible where it says that by the sweat of our face, we should earn our bread? Well, just sitting here at my desk I am fulfilling that verse! Posted by Hello

No comments: