Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Water Pipes Burst and VBS here Tomorrow! Ackkk!


The UN-romantic part of being a missionary!

Some pipes in our bathroom were giving us problems today and finally burst, sending water spraying in every direction. I put my finger in the source of the fountain of water, like the little Dutch boy in the story, but with less success. I called for help. Leann came running and took my place. I ran for a pair of vise grip pliers and then ran down the street, trying to find the water turn-off for the house in the dark. I had to feel down a length of grass covered pipe to find it. I got the water turned off in about 5 minutes, but it was a pretty long five minutes for Leann, who was trying to hold back the flood. It is amazing how much water can come out of a pipe in 5 minutes!

We are hosting a VBS at our house tomorrow, but now our bathrooms don't work and all the stores are closed. I guess we will be up early tomorrow and up to our elbows in the bathroom plumbing before all the kids get here at 9am.

We will have to go back to hauling water and boiling it on the stove top for our baths and washing dishes tonight. Will the bathrooms be working when the kids get here? Will we be clean and cheerful when they come? I hope so! Posted by Hello

No comments: