Sunday, September 04, 2005

Better Bread!


Door to door visitation is a great way to keep life interesting. Yesterday I visited a new family that lives next to the church. Their six year old son came to church Wednesday to be with his friend, Jorge. Jorge comes to take guitar lessons that I give free to anyone who will come 30 min early and then stay for prayer meeting. Well, as soon as I came to the door, I was greeted by big smiles and much enthusiasm. Ismael, the father, said: "I have been wanting to go to your church for the longest time, but just haven't got around to it yet!" Ismael makes whole wheat diet bread in a factory in Puerto Rico. I told Ismael about Jesus who was born in Bethlehem, which means "House of Bread" and how he is the "Bread of Life." Ismael works long hours as a baker, so we touched also Isa. 40 about God renewing our failing strength and Matt 11, about the easy yoke and the rest for our souls that Jesus can provide. Ismael and his wife were friendly and gave me a cup of coffee and a free loaf of bread to take home to Tina. I got a free loaf of low fat wheat bread, but I left a better kind of bread behind for Ismael and his family. Please pray that our visitation will bear more fruit. We had six new kids in Sunday School today from our visitation, but would like to see some more adults and more complete families come. Posted by Picasa

No comments: