Thursday, September 15, 2005

Help Needed for an Upgrade


Our work has gone up a couple of notches, but our tools don't always keep up with the work we need them to do. My computer monitor died today, so I had to borrow a monitor our twins use for home schooling. I was going to drive to another town and try and get another monitor, but then Tina and I began to think about it. It is just a few more months before our furlough begins, so the money for a new monitor might be better spent going towards a much needed laptop.

Laptops are more expensive than we can afford, but it looks like the best tool to make good use of our time and to do some of our big jobs right. In Puerto Rico, my ministry involves travel between three towns on a weekly basis, with many opportunities in each location to get some work done that could be best done on a computer. I really could use one here right now, and of course we will need at least one when we travel, visiting churches and making Powerpoint presentations beginning in December of this year. The twins have their homeschool curriculum on computer CDs, so a laptop for each of them would help keep them from falling behind on their school work during our travels. I know it is a lot. But the work is great and the time is short, so we ask those of you who are willing if you would please help us. With your help, we can travel with the tools we need to get the job done, do it well and in a timely manner.

Could you help us with this? I was willing to wait till we got to the States, but the monitor failure puts this questions on our table for an immediate decision. In seminary I used to get my scratch paper from the trash can next to the Xerox machine, and did a lot of my work on that. We are not too proud to use humble means in our ministry. We just want to do it right and redeem the time, as the days remaining demand our best stewardship of time, treasure and talent. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pastor Steve Prelgovisk said...

I had to cancel comments because spammers figured out how to leave messages here. but now I am using "Word Verification," so I hope we are back in business and you can leave comments and read others without fear of evil spammers.