Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Speechless in the Sierra Nevada Foothills

I heard Tina answer the phone and say “Sorry Pastor, Steve can’t speak to you on the phone right now, he has laryngitis and is saving his voice to preach in your church tomorrow.”

And I did! I could barley whisper or even swallow. The next morning, I felt a thrill of fear as I walked down the aisle of a church, opened my mouth and waited to see if I could hear my own voice. Praise the Lord, it was sufficient to the occasion and lasted the entire service.

The people of Porterville were wonderful and encouraged us. Right after the service, we had a great lunch, but my throat was so sore all I could do was sip soup and listen to the others talk. Maybe that is why I got it! Well, whatever the reason, today I was able to eat a regular meal for the first time since Friday night, so I think I am good to go for our meeting in Vacaville, California Wednesday night. Come out and hear us (I hope)!

Orchard Ave. Baptist Church info: http://www.orchardbaptist.org/index.htm

No comments: