Thursday, October 05, 2006

Busy but Cooler

Last week seemed especially busy. Besides our regular schedule, we had a BBQ for the youth group, I preached in a chapel service at the college, we held a church service in a private home and I was asked by a fellow missionary to fill in for him for a Sunday PM Service.

I can tell when I am really busy by one sure sign. It involves the Doctoral program in Apologetics I am doing through a distance learning program. The sign I am to busy happens when I finally get a few moments to myself and then I think: “Oh boy! Now I have a chance to work on my term paper!” Now, how can that be right, when the most dreaded assignments from my college days seem like a fun activity now that I am in the ministry? Well at least, being busy seems to improve my attitude about that.

Besides all these preaching opportunities, we also finished the project of sanding and painting the refrigerator. My visitation partner Luis and I moved it into the church after Tuesday Night visitation. Hooray! Now we can have a better Fellowship Time after church Sunday. Ice makes a big difference in the tropics! At the end of a busy week, a little thing like an ice cube can make a big difference.

No comments: