Thursday, October 12, 2006

Getting a Heart Lift


Our workload and ministry is growing, but I am not getting any younger. I have thought a lot about making my time count and maintaining a good attitude through the process. After all, what good is more time if you make yourself and everyone miserable in the process?

I think we have found ways to work more efficiently. We also have found a few ways to relax and keep our attitudes upbeat. Tina and I both enjoy music. I play the guitar and wood flute. Tina plays the piano, clarinet and saxophone. When I bring Bible College kids to our home on the weekends, we all gather in the living room and sing together Saturday night. We do it to prepare for our Sunday morning service and to make sure we know the hymns. But after we finish , someone always has a favorite, and before you know it, we have spent another hour just singing for the fun of it. Making melody in our hearts is really better than any medicine. I find that, after a good time singing and having some good fellowship, our batteries are recharged for the work ahead.

PS. Here is a new song that might bring a smile to your face.

Senior version of "Jesus Loves Me"

Jesus loves me, this I know, Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim, Still He bids me trust in Him.

(CHORUS) YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow, With my hand in His I'll go.
On through life, let come what may, He'll be there to lead the way.
(CHORUS)
Though I am no longer young, I have much which He's begun.
Let me serve Christ with a smile, Go with others the extra mile.
(CHORUS)
When the nights are dark and long, In my heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear, "Have no fear, for I am near."
(CHORUS)
When my work on earth is done, And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above, Then I'll understand His love.
(CHORUS)
I love Jesus, does He know? Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say, That I love Him every day.

No comments: