Saturday, June 16, 2007

Scary Stuff


One of our faithful elderly men missed a few Sundays, so we went to visit him. He seemed normal, but I had an uneasy feeling that something was up. That something happened just last week and gave us a scare.


One night around 11pm, I heard a car honk and saw him out in front of the house. He had a “vision” of my wife Tina dead from a nail in the head and said that the Twins called him to come rescue them. I said, “But you don’t even have a phone.” He said, “Yes, but Sarah called out to me and I heard her voice in my mind.”


One of his adult daughters, Gloria, was with him and motioned to me that he was crazy. She had brought him by because he insisted on seeing that we were alright and refused to go to bed until he knew.


I thanked him for his concern, prayed with him and later visited the daughter to find out what was going on. She said that he had begun hearing voices, and often talks to people who are not there. Recently the voices in his head say there is evil in our home and that he should burn it to rescue us from it!


What to do? This guy was a friend and a great help up to about 3 months ago, and now we have to worry about him showing up one day and burning down our house because he loves us so much. Yikes!


We bought some new locks for the front gate, and our front porch and upgraded all the security around our house. But what we need is your prayers. We don’t want to become paranoid, but is it paranoia when someone really is out to get you? I think not.


I went to see him again, but they had admitted him to a psychiatric hospital for a few days and would only let family in to see him. He has recently been discharged and is supposed to be guarded by at least two family members 24 hours a day. Our concern is that he might get away and hitch-hike into town and drop by our house.


It is sad and stressful losing a friend to something like this, let alone having to worry about a stalker. Another ripple in all this is that I will be away from home all July , speaking in Mission Conferences in New York state. Please pray for us, our safety and our peace of mind. It would be a blessing to us if you would drop us a line and let us know you are praying for us.

No comments: