Saturday, September 01, 2007

Blessings for Obedience


Did you ever give up something for the Lord and then receive a blessing for it later? That happened to me today!

Before I became a missionary, I was interested in electronics. I even got a FCC Technicians license and was proud of my call sign: KA7URH. This allowed me to use a Ham ("Amateur," 2-way long distance) radio.

Well, I got the license, but never got on the air! The radios were to expensive! Now, with a wife and two teenage daughters at home and two in college, this is even more true. Life on a missionary budget meant that hobbies must be left behind.

But something happened!

The fine folks at "Blessings for Obedience" heard about us and sent us a FREE radio (a Kenwood TS-430s)! They also included a solar panel, battery and other stuff so we can use it around the island, even after a hurricane has knocked out all the power.

Thank you, Blessings for Obedience! Just the cost of shipping the equipment was close to $90. We thank the people who donated the equipment and those dedicated missionary helpers who took it upon themselves to put this useful technology into our hand!

I hope to get on the radio soon, and thank you over the airwaves in person!

Dios Les Bendiga (May the Lord Bless You All)!

No comments: