Sunday, December 02, 2007

Birthday Blessings: Lots of Bible, Lots of Blessings!


My birthday party (I will be 53 Monday) put me in the mood to meditate on how I have been using my time, and I am happy to say that most of it has been positive.These last few months, we have filled up our weeks with a lot of times and places where we can share the word of God with others and it has proved to be a great blessing.

Monday through Friday, I give morning devotions to 50 high school students. Some afternoons and evenings I am responsible for the teaching of a variety of classes at Puerto Rico Baptist College, but even in classes like Physics or Chemistry, we relate each concept with biblical teachings. Fridays, I go in extra early and to give devotions to the teachers. Wednesday and Sunday, I preach and teach at the church we are starting up in the interior mountain region of the island.

The only day I am not scheduled to teach or preach is Saturday, and then I may have an opportunity to share my faith with someone as we visit and invite people to come to our church. Saturday is always a great day for Bible study in preparation for our Sunday services.

Do I get tired? Yes! But it is a good kind of tired! I don't mind getting tired if I am having fun! A week full of sharing the Bible with others is always a great week!

No comments: