Saturday, September 27, 2008

Flying in For the Love of Missions




I love flying into a Missions conference. Everyone is anticipating a blessing, and it is a joy to share with others our passion for missions. Thanks to Pastor Wayne Golson of Community Baptist Church, I am going to get to do this in November.

I had the privilege of meeting Pastor Wayne Golson, who attended a missions conference I participated in when I visited another church in Bradenton, Florida. Pastor Golson graciously invited me to speak in his church from Wednesday, November 19th to Sunday, November the 23rd, 2008.

I hear the church has a Christian school, which is great. We are church planters, but we look to the Christian schools to train leaders for the churches we start. We ourselves teach at Puerto Rico Baptist College and at times have taught at Levittown Baptist Academy, a K-12 Christian School. We hope to get a Seminary going, so the circle of discipleship can be completed here on the island. Because we have no Seminary, our young people go to the US for Masters' Degrees, where, unfortunately for us, many never return to pastor the newly found churches that are waiting for them. I look forward to learning things from their ministry that can help us here in our schools.

We look forward to a good time in Bradenton this November. We hope that you will drop in and see us there and get in on the fun.

No comments: