Saturday, November 29, 2008

Things Missionaries Miss The Most



I visited Community Baptist Church of Bradenton, Florida for a missions conference this last week. Pastor Wayne Golson and people were just great! I found I miss some things in the USA. One is just hearing the Star-Spangled Banner sung, like the "Cactus Cuties" did so well at this basketball game.

I left Florida and returned to the work of missions here in Puerto Rico. I love the work and the people here, but it did cost me something to leave the USA.

The bumper stickers say, "Love it or Leave it" But what if you DO love it but MUST leave it? It is hard to do! But the Lord left a better place than the USA when he came at Christmas to do his Fathers perfect will. I guess you can't have a better example to follow than that!

No comments: