Thursday, April 01, 2010

Handful of Pills


"Pastor, last night I had a handful of pills and I was about to take them and kill myself, but something stopped me."

Mike was shaking as he told his story. Mike is a Puerto Rican from New York, who moved back to the island. He came to our church after much witnessing and many invitations. My visiting in-laws also witnessed to him a few weeks ago during their visit to our church.

He said, "I remember what you said to me about the Lord and my soul. I looked at the pills in my hand and tried to take them again, but something stopped me. I saw a bright light and heard a voice saying, "Don't do it. Don’t do it!” so, I put the pills down and said, “OK, Lord, I’ll wait.”

I talked to Mike , expressed my concern for his situation, and that Sunday, presented him with a new bible during our morning service because he had attended four Sundays.

Mike came to church Sunday with a shaken and grave look about him He left with a face all aglow with happiness.

I do not know how it will turn out for Mike, but I do know that for right know, he is in a much better place than he was a month ago. And I am glad I work for the One who made it happen.

No comments: