Saturday, November 05, 2011

"Redeeming the Time" Can Be Fun

Our daughter Bethany taking some time out from her missionary work in St Croix, US Virgin Islands, to do some painting. She sold a few last month. One went for $400. It is great she has some "tent making" skills that can help support her and her husbands' ministry.

I like playing chess, and while it may help prevent Alzheimer's disease, it does not add much to our work. We work hard on the mission field and we need our recreation time, but I felt that it would be a good idea if our hobbies could be profitable to the work. A few months ago I switched my personal hobbies to more guitar playing and blogging as well as Facebooking about health improvement and less chess playing. My chess score on Chess.com has not risen much, but my waistline and weight have gone down and I can contribute more to our churches worship service now.

Do I still like chess? Yes! But I like getting skinny too, and the guitar playing is enjoyable. It is a good feeling to know that you can "Redeem the time" and still have a bit of fun doing it.

No comments: