Saturday, April 21, 2012

People Who Find A Way to Help Those They Love


I was blessed lately when I saw this. This girl can cook and paddles up and down the river inside her own cooking pot. She uses her wooden cooking spoon as a paddle. She uses the little she has to get what she needs to help those she loves. And she does it with a smile. I guess there will always be work for those who hustle and are creative.

In my missionary experience, I meet a lot of people who promise to help us but never seem to get around to doing it. On the other hand, we are blessed greatly by people who sacrifice much and find creative ways to help. Out here on the field, far from home, friends and family, that help is profoundly felt.

It seems to me that if you really want to help someone, you won't allow circumstance to stop you. We didn't let circumstances stop us from coming to the mission field. I hope that someone who loves missions and missionaries might find a way to help us do the work of missions. And be happy that they did.




No comments: