Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Surprise Phone Call and a Gift from a Kind Stranger

Did you ever get a gift from someone you never met before? I just did!

A few weeks ago, I shared an opportunity I have. I got a radio license from the FCC (WP4NVR) but I did not have a radio to go with it. I could participate in the SAR (Search and Rescue) Community if I had one. But since they are very expensive for my budget, I could not just go get one on my own. I put out an appeal to see what would happen.

I got a phone call about a week ago from someone I never met and did not know:  Hermino Rios, a Puerto Rican living in New Jersey.

Hermino Rios; "Pastor, Do you still need a radio?"

Me; "Yes. Who is this?"
Hermino Rios; "I used to live in the center of Puerto Rico, in Jayuya. I felt led of the Lord to send you a radio. Maybe I will send a power supply and tuner also."

Me; "Wow! You are going to send me your radio?"

Hermino Rios; "No! I am buying one, a Kenwood TS680S, and sending it to you. I lived in Puerto Rico over 30 years ago. I bought the radio for your needs and will send it next week."

Well, I was amazed. These radios are NOT cheap. Plus, someone I never met read my blog and was moved to help us here in Puerto Rico. Even more impressive is that he took the time and effort to go out and purchase what I needed and then called to offer his assistence to guide me through the steps in using it.

Dear Brother Hermino Rios, who I have never met...THANK YOU! I hope that we can get an antenna and get on the air soon and put your sacrifice of love to good use by reaching the Puerto Rican people for Christ.


No comments: