Sunday, May 26, 2013

Medical Update: What we need and what is happening.

I have surgery scheduled Wednesday, June 5th. I have a nodule that proved to be cancerous in my prostate gland and they are going to remove the entire prostate to make sure they get it all out.

The doctor and the tests seem to indicate that I am a good candidate for a low risk out come, but I am still nervous about it when I hear "only" 30 percent suffer from one complication and 10 percent from another. So please pray for us as I can have peace and a good outcome from this procedure.

Our blessings:
Some of our Puerto Rican churches have sent us checks already and have prayed for us during their services. It is wonderful to us to receive help from churches we have helped in the past.

Our needs:
We have insurance but have to pay about 40 percent of the expenses of such things as CT scans and lab tests. We are facing a $1,500 expense for the surgery and the cost of the medicine, etc. afterwards. Also, during the summer, our income usually dips and we have less resources to meet these needs. Your prayers, encouragement and financial help during this time would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: