Saturday, August 31, 2013

What the Doctor Wrote...


What the Doctor wrote
Cancer Free!
I had a very unpleasant visit to my Doctor, but I left with some very good news.

The Doctor left something inside me, on purpose, to promote healing after my prostate surgery.

It was a a "stint," a coiled spring of plastic that anchors the kidney to the bladder so that it won't pull away and put stress on internal stitches. They put it in when I was under anesthesia. But when the day came for it to be removed, no such luck.

I was led by a young nurse into a room where I was asked to sit in a reclining medical table that had stirrups attached to it, similar to the hospital beds you see women give birth in. It looked very ominous to me.

What happened next, I will not divulge, other to say that I was asked to breathe and when it was all over, I did have something to show for my considerable pains.

The Doctor examined me, then looked over my lab results and wrote this on the bottom of the last page "Cancer Free!"






No comments: