Sunday, August 04, 2013

What I Lost and What I Gained

Would you trade a body organ for some church growth? It happened to me and I am glad it did.
Missionary Steve Prelgovisk & Wilfredo Negron

Two months ago, I went in and had my prostate removed, due to the finding of a cancer in a biopsy that I had. I was in the hospital for a week, had a Foley bag (catheter and receptacle unit) for another two weeks and was generally housebound for a few weeks after that.

During that time I asked one of our deacons , Wilfredo, to preach for me. Wilfredo did a great job, but during my recuperation, the attendance really dropped low and alarmed him. He asked me if he could take the Wednesday night prayer meetings that had been suspended and start them up again as well.

I was delighted. I had always hoped that he would finish his training and take the church anyway. The last three weeks he has led the prayer meetings and the attendance has risen.

So I lost a prostate and got a deacon more involved in the ministry in return. So I guess it was worth it all.

P.S. I am also losing my recuperation time beard as well. Oh well, you can't have everything.

1 comment:

EricaRickyKennedy said...

It is nice to see you looking as old as we are! LOL