Sunday, February 23, 2014

Church Growth Secret: Ladies with Notebooks

I notice that when ladies come to church with notebooks things start to change and the church grows.

The last few banquets we had were thought of and planned by our ladies. We had at least two visitors from that.

Last week they started a Friday Morning Women's Bible Study. Today in church they gave a testimony about speaking to an ex church member and about their plan on visiting her and helping her with some issues.

This morning, they took over a room in the church and made it into a makeshift nursery and asked me for about $50 for a table cloth and a small rug. I gave them $100 and told them to make it nice.

I have found that the best way to grow a work is to find people who are excited about serving the Lord and then giving them as much encouragement as possible.

Sometimes a pastor needs to know when to say "No," this is true. But it is also true that saying "Yes" to the right people at the right time can be the beginning of a great time of advancement.

I am glad that we have the kind of people that I can say "yes" to and that our church can enjoy the fruit that results from their good work.

I am thinking that next year we might just buy all of the ladies notebooks for Christmas!

No comments: