Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Puerto Rico's Current Economic Situation: It Ain't Pretty

Puerto Rico is on its way to following Detroit's economic path, according to Robert Finger, an
investment analyst who has analysed Puerto Rico's economic status in his role as an economic adviser to his investment community.

I have embedded the article below.

My take away is this:

1. Puerto Rico is likely to follow the Detroit model and default on its bonds and other debts.

2. Government interference and over taxation is making starting or maintaining a small business extremely difficult.

3. People and businesses are leaving the island in droves. The more they squeeze the taxpayers, the fewer taxpayers there are left to squeeze.

This is bad for Puerto Rico. But maybe some Puerto Ricans will look to God for help in this time of economic need.

Puerto Rico: Paradise Lost

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am moving to Puerto Rico full time and wasn't sure why God was calling me there until I read your blog and did a little research as to the current situation in regards to the Gospel and the economic pain as well that those living there are feeling. Please, I would like to help, do you have any thoughts as to what organization could use a couple full time volunteers. I'm an ordained minister also and for 15 years have lead and been involved in gang outreach, street ministries , drug addicts, elderly, disaster relief and clean up, shelters, kitchens and food pantries. God has been molding us for certain. I have a heart for people and am in love with Jesus!! The tasks always seem to follow - He just looks for obedience :) so we have learned a lot and worked along side various organizations as well as just God and I. May the love of Messiah Yeshua ( Christ Jesus) be with you !!!