Monday, June 22, 2015

Taking our work up a notch, techwise

Just a few years ago, many of the people in our church had no computers or access to the Internet. Now, I see them whip out iPhones and large Galaxy smart phones to share Facebook posts and favorite Youtube videos.

I figured it was about time that we got a web page for our Puerto Rican church. We have passed out a lot of gospel tracts and invited many people to our church, leaving directions on how to find us.  With the new web site, now tech savvy Puerto Ricans can find us.

I found a simple and inexpensive solution. A fellow missionary, Jeremy Markle, told me about Weebly, a hosting site that offers a drag and drop web building site. I was able to build a simple site in just a few hours today. The price is OK, $4 a month for a hosted domain name. I signed up for a year.

I hope this site will be an encouragement to our people and a portal that will bring us into contact with more, local Puerto Rican, who we can help and who in turn can help our church.

Iglesia Bautista de Comerio

No comments: