Saturday, February 06, 2021

Missionary Update-Feb 2021

It's been a while since our last post or podcast. Many supporters started following us on Facebook and I  have fallen into the habit of posting my updates there and have fallen behind in communicating as well as I should by printed prayer letters or by online blog posts. I apologize.

I will include a year 2020 prayer letter in a link here and give an update below.

Our churches continue under Covid restrictions. They are allowed to meet at 25% of capacity, but many do not meet, for fear of injuring their elderly church members. Our congregation is like a small family group, and we all felt like we should have Sunday morning services together. It is a blessing to teach, preach, sing, pray, celebrate the Lord's supper and have fellowship with each other.

Our Puerto Rico Bible College has a few new students, one from a Puerto Rican family in North Carolina. The college is fulfilling our vision of training believers for the ministry, who can then evangelize and plant churches within Latino communities in our country.



Our Son-in-law, Abe Kennedy, has been installed as pastor of Southgate Baptist in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. We enjoy watching his sermons on Youtube. Daughter Bethany went from being the wife of the youth director to the wife of the pastor and seems to be adapting to the that change just fine. 

On my way home from teaching a class at Levittown Baptist Academy, I left the car to bring in a garbage can and slipped in some curbside mud. I landed hard on my knee and twisted my foot about 90 degrees to the side. I hollered and neighbors came running and, with Tina, helped me into the house. I got an x-ray and found I had a fracture in my lower leg. I got a boot, but it wasn't enough. Now, I have a cast and will get a follow up exam next week to see if I need to escalate treatment. 

So, for right now, I am doing as much as I can from home. Teaching my class on the Pentateuch in Spanish by Zoom, though, feels very unsatisfactory. I miss the energy I get from being in the presence of the young people who are there preparing for the ministry. Their hope, faith, zeal and positive spirits are better felt in presence than through a video portal. But, we are doing what we can and God is blessing.

Our church has been able to save and we have been gifted with funds toward the purchase of a church building. We have about $40,000 available and we have some prospective places ranging from $100,000 to $140,000. Please pray for the healing of my leg and my mobility, and also that we will be led to right place and be able to acquire it for the work of church planting here in Puerto Rico.

Dios Les Bendiga,

(May the Lord Bless You All)

Steve and Tina Prelgovisk.

No comments: