Saturday, March 13, 2021

March: Cast Off, Boot On, Therapy Begins, School Opens

It's been super busy here this March. The Christian school I work with here in Puerto Rico plans on having students return to the class room March 23. I teach 11th grade Computer Science there and help in the office. The government regulations we need to comply with here in this US Commonwealth are quite extensive and we are busy trying to make it all happen in the time available.

Having a fractured fibula doesn't help.

I'm finding everything is a lot slower in a wheel chair and on crutches.

I was able to get my cast sawn off  last week and now wear a big boot to immobilize my leg. Therapy is scheduled to begin in a few weeks, and until then I am supposed to do range of motion exercises and some light resistance work. 

I got some exercise bands to help. I didn't think much of them before now, prefering home gym equipment. But Im beginning to appreciate them. The bands have a higher "Spousal Acceptance Factor" than a well equipped home gym. What they lack as exercise equipment, they make up in cost saving, space saving, and portability.

So far, I haven't overdone it yet. It's hard not rushing the process a bit when there is so much to do.

No comments: